Thursday, November 10, 2016

Week 7 Back in the Lab

So after a successful robotics competition I am happy to be back in the lab working with the extraction of lysozyme from egg white. Due to having my previous lysozyme extraction sit unused for too long I dedicated this week to create a fresh batch of lysozyme and a test of DNA extraction from the fresh batch. After the batch was freshly made I completed a DNA extraction from my original unknown bacteria using a DNA extraction kit and my lysozyme in order to compare and create a baseline of data for the following weeks. Using a nano-drop technique I tested the DNA extractions for purity and successful extraction.
Image result for nanodrop

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brian how did competitions go for you? Also I don't quite understand why you had to make a fresh batch or Lysozyme, would like to know more about that when you have time since we both created better protocol of the lysozyme together. Would also like to know about which DNA extraction worked better for you.

    ReplyDelete