Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Semester 3 Week 11

Yesterday I started my research preparation, I am looking at having a total of 30 sample cups with sets of 5 cups containing the same plastics to collect data that will yield an average. Although this process took several hours I wanted to make sure I was properly filling each specimen cup with the appropriate amount of sediment(20g) and of the appropriate plastic(.500g).  Next week I will submerge the sample mixtures in DI water and begin the filtration process. The filtration step is not very clear so it will take practice in order for me to understand how it works.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian, I can barely handle dealing with about 20 DNA samples so I cannot begin to imagine 30 sample cups. Perhaps it is not as overwhelming for you as it is for me? Anyway, I wish you nothing but luck when trying to get about 0.500 g of sediment and plastic into each and every cup!

    ReplyDelete