Thursday, October 26, 2017

Semester 3 Week 9

Plastic number 1 grinding is quite the slow endeavor and time consuming compared to all other plastics I have ground so far. This week is full of grinding that plastic with the goal of having enough by the end of this week to move into the research phase. I was told this week by Matt I will be recreating Jasmine's research and I am welcome to watch as they perform a task Friday to allow for me to better understand what I will be doing for my research project. I am excited to get more information as to what I will be doing and understanding the importance of this research. This next week may be slow as I familiarize myself with the protocol and understanding the purpose of each step of the protocol.
Image result for protocol

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian. I know grinding plastics, in general, can be frustrating. I’m not entirely sure of plastic number 1, as I have never worked with it, though I know it’s common in soft drinks and juices due to its toughness. As for you recreating Jasmine’s research, it will be an excellent opportunity for you to learn. Jasmine is a great scholar to learn from. Have a great Veterans day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard you where having trouble grinding up plastic 1 ? Its a huge pain let me tell you about it, especially when I didn't have the correct tools a while back and had to grind every type of plastic with either a file or a cheese shredder. I am more than happy to help you shred up plastic if you need any or if you need any help running the protocol I am more than happy to help you go over it (:

    ReplyDelete