Thursday, December 8, 2016

Week 9

Week 9 has become the week dedicated to my analysis of my project. As this semester draws to a close and my projects data becomes clear how to interpret my data and explain my results. To begin my experiment I identified the bacteria which was given to me as an unknown, through a series of tests and a couple inconclusive tests I identified Bacillus subtilis was my unknown bacteria. Knowing the bacteria which I was working with I proceeded to perform a DNA extraction of my bacteria using 2 kits, from these 2 kits I would be able to compare quantity vs quality of the DNA. I reviewed the DNA extraction protocol for the E.Z.N.A. Bacterial DNA kit, but prior to beginning the DNA extraction I was prompted to a similar experiment that would yield results for a better purpose. My experiment was slightly altered, from comparing the DNA extractions of 2 kits to comparing the DNA extraction of 1 kit to the DNA extraction using egg white lysozymes. I would now test the DNA kit and egg white on my new day 1 of the experiment to set a bench mark or baseline for DNA extraction yields. Followed by a DNA extraction using the egg white every week after to gather data on the shelf life of the egg white lysozyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment