Monday, May 1, 2017

Semester 2 post 9

After having worked in an office doing research for a couple weeks, Kathleen asked if I would like to head down to the waste room and take care of some other tasks she had available for me to do. I have to say it was pretty cool being down in the waste room getting to see what labs work with and how chemicals are disposed of properly and amount of knowledge it takes to do that job. Knowing what hazards a chemical has and how to properly dispose of is no piece of cake.  especially when kits are received and the contents of the kits must be separated and disposed of separately. I never really thought about that side of the labs but its a great experience.Image result for chemical waste

1 comment:

  1. I have never been down there, but it seems like a very dangerous and yet, interesting room to be in. The procedures of getting rid of the waste from other labs seem tedious and exhausting, but since it was your first time, it must have been more exploratory. I’m glad you enjoyed that. I bet it was better than playing with numbers :D

    ReplyDelete