Friday, October 13, 2017

Semester 3 week 2

This is my second week back in the stem lab, today will be my first attempt to grind plastics using the manual (by hand) files and cheese shredder like file. Hopefully I find a way to stabilize the softer plastics to prevent them from continuously bending to the motion of the equipment I am going to be using.

The second part of this blog will be after I have attempted to grind the plastic:

I collected the material and equipment and began to grind. The process is simple enough, the only problem so far is that I need to find a way to collect the grounded up plastic and maintain the plastic from moving as much as it does to allow me to efficiently grind it. Samples from today's grinding were insufficient to store for use. The samples mass was approximately 1.084 grams.        

No comments:

Post a Comment